Hood Splitting vs. Vertical Clitoral Hood (VCH) and Triangle Piercings

I received a message from a woman inquiring about hood splitting:

I'm writing to get your opinion (and maybe some information) on clitoral hood splitting.  I currently have a vch and triangle, which I believe are both placed perfectly.  But, I'm still having problems achieving orgasm (I was hoping those would help).  I think it's because my hood is rather thick and even when I'm "hard" my clitoris isn't exposed at all so it makes it difficult to actually stimulate it.  I've been trying to do some research and maybe find information about hood splitting and where to get it done (I'm located in the midwest) but I can't seem to find much of anything.  I was hoping that maybe you could give me some information on it.

Thank you!

Would you be willing to send me some clear, close up photos so I can evaluate your anatomy and the placement of your existing piercings? One from the underside of your VCH could go a long way toward showing me whether the placement is optimal, which is important for maximum stimulation.

Piercings aside, have you tried a powerful wand style vibrator such as the Hitachi Wand? Many women find that to be the one thing that really does it for them.

And finally, I know a LOT about genital piercing, but virtually nothing about genital surgery. I would suggest you contact a plastic surgeon or gynecologist who specializes in reconstruction. Regardless of a body artist's experience, without medical training I couldn't in good conscience send you anywhere but to a doctor for that type of a procedure.

I highly recommend Courtney if you have any piercing needs in the St. Louis area!


This woman mentions she is in the mid-west. If she is anywhere near St. Louis, tell her she is welcome to come by and see me at TRX. I would be give her my input. If she chooses to go the route of the hood split, I have a fantastic mod-friendly doctor that I can refer her to!

-Courtney Jane